By booking a course; purchasing a voucher; hiring private tuition or facilities; booking us for an event (public or private) or buying goods from us, you will be entering into a legal contract with The Glass Hub Ltd. The following represents the terms and conditions that you must agree to when booking a service with The Glass Hub, Stowford Manor Farm, Wiltshire.
1. Class Size: Class sizes are kept to a minimum, usually between 6 – 8 people according to individual courses, for maximum benefit to students, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Glassblowing has a 4:1 student to tutor ratio.
2. Materials: Most courses are inclusive of basic materials. Students may buy additional specialist materials from us.
3. Course or hire – enrolment/allocation: Places on courses and events are limited so allocation will be made on a first-come basis and bookings are confirmed by payment in full. In the event of overbooking you will be notified as soon as possible and a full refund or offer of transfer of services will be made.
4. Confirmation of booking: You will receive confirmation of your booking on receipt of your course fee by email. Pre-course/event information can be found on the course page you have booked, please download this and read carefully.
5. Cancellation or changes by you: By booking and paying for your course or hire session you agree to attend on the days specified. If you cancel your place on a course or event more than 6 weeks prior to the course you will be refunded 75% of your fee. If you cancel less than six weeks before the course date no part of the fee will be refunded (this includes any instalments or partial payments towards the cancelled course). All cancellations must be made in writing (email is acceptable).
6. Cancellation by us: We reserve the right to cancel a course, hire session or event for any reason. In this event you will be advised of vacancies or alternative dates. If you do not wish to book on an alternative date, repayment will be made in full.
7. Cancellation for reasons of public health and safety: If a risk to public health and safety develops that makes it potentially harmful for the public to attend a course at our studio, and this risk is: a) due to circumstances outside of our control, and, b) not limited in effect to a single participant, then we will do our best to reschedule the affected course(s). Participants that have already booked onto the course will be offered a transfer to the rescheduled course where possible, free-of-charge, or a credit of equal monetary value that may be redeemed towards the cost of any future course. In the event the UK Government imposes obligatory restrictions (such as a lockdown to prevent the spread of a virus) that results in the cancellation of classes, then the following will apply:
—-Regular classes, Glassblowing, Fusing, Drop-Outs etc. If these classes are cancelled, we will reschedule the course for a later time when restrictions have lifted. No transfer fee incurred (see section 8. above)
—-Masterclasses – Wherever possible we will work with Masterclass artists to reschedule the class for another date. If we are unable to reschedule, we will offer you a refund or credit towards another course. (see section 8. above)
8. Cancellation insurance: We advise students to arrange course cancellation insurance to cover unforeseen events such as illness, unfavourable weather, or the cancellation of a course by us for which travel and accommodation costs are incurred. Insurance is particularly important during the winter months when the likelihood of unfavourable weather and associated travel disruption is higher. Please check availability with your insurance broker or service as we are unable to offer recommendations currently.
9. Transfers: If you would like to transfer to a different course or date then we may be able to accommodate you, subject to availability and so long as the request is made no less than six weeks before the course is due to start. Important: Within 6 weeks of the course start date, The Glass Hub may offer students a transfer to another course if their place can be re-sold to another student. A £30 administrative fee will be charged (per person per place) for ALL transfers. The replacement course should be of the same or higher value. If the replacement course fee is lower and we have resold their original place, then the difference will be refunded. If the replacement course(s) is of a higher value, then the difference is payable. Course places may be passed on to another person(s) by the booked attendee(s). In this instance, we would ask that you inform us of the change of attendee (name and contact) and no transfer fee will be incurred. An example might be if a person is unable to attend and they pass on or resell the course place to a family member or friend.
10. Location: Unless otherwise stated, all courses are based at The Glass Hub, Stowford Manor Farm, Wingfield, Wiltshire BA14 9LH, United Kingdom.
11. Accommodation: Please remember that board and lodging is not included in the course fee. Please refer to our accommodation list for details. We cannot accept any liability for accommodation bookings.
12. Postage: Due to the cooling down processes involved with glassmaking it will not be possible for students to take work home at the end of the day (if made on the same day). Work may be collected at a later time or alternatively, we can package and post work to the provided address for a fee (varies according to course or number/weight of glass pieces).
13. Copyright: All courses are the intellectual property of the artist/tutors and The Glass Hub. No part of the course may be copied or reproduced.
14. Vouchers: Our gift vouchers are available for any monetary value and may be redeemed against the cost of our courses. Vouchers are non-refundable other than within the 14 day cancellation period as per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. No change is given in the event that the voucher value exceeds the total cost of the course but the remaining credit may be used towards another course or service with us. Gift vouchers are valid for one full year from the day it was purchased and may not be redeemed after this date. Vouchers may be purchased for specific courses, and in this instance, has a monetary value which is not displayed to the recipient, only the purchaser. Our course fees go up for a variety of reasons and should our course fees increase before the voucher is redeemed an additional fee may be payable. Once a voucher has been redeemed towards a course, or the date has been requested and confirmed (by online booking, phone, email or post) our usual course booking terms apply, including transfer fees.
16. Use of images: We sometimes take photographs during courses; studio hire sessions and events and we may publish these images for the purposes of marketing in print or electronically on the internet. By accepting these terms and conditions you will be accepting that your image may be used for the purposes outlined above. You have the right to withdraw consent for the use of your image and to have occurrences in electronic media or published material be removed or destroyed where possible. If you would like to have instances of your image removed from publicity, then please send us written instruction by email or printed letter. In the case of children (under 18) we must obtain separate written consent from a parent or guardian to publish their image.
17. Complaints: If you are unhappy about any of our services then please send us details in writing by email email@example.com or by post to our company address: The Glass Hub, Stowford Manor Farm, Wingfield, Wiltshire BA14 9LH. Please outline your reasons and if relevant, the name and date of the course or event that you attended.
Download Terms & Conditions: